Just when the first rays of sun come out after the long winter, the Kielers do as well. Markets take
place throughout the whole year, but from spring to autumn you will find the most of them.
Flea markets and farmer’s markets invite you to go outside and see what people from Kiel and
around have to offer. Mostly during the weekends you will find everything from clothes and
accessories, to furniture and small specialities.
Sunday is THE day when it comes to flea markets. When shops are closed, people will still get
the opportunity to go shopping, just in a different way. On empty parking lots all over Kiel you
will find flea markets of every kind. Definitely worth a visit is the one in the centre of Kiel that
takes place on Sundays at least once a month. From April to October people sell their
belongings on Holstenstraße and the town hall square.
But also the farmer’s markets should not be forgotten. Foods from local producers, mostly
ecological, are becoming more and more popular again. People want to know where their
groceries were made and a great side effect of going to the market definitely is the special
Markets take place once or twice a week on Kiel’s popular squares.
- Exerzierplatz, Wednesday & Saturday 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Blücherplatz, Monday & Thursday 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Holtenauer Straße/Elendsredder, Tuesday & Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Asmus-Bremer-Platz, Friday 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- Vinetaplatz, Tuesday & Saturday 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Leuchtturmplatz Friedrichsort, Wednesday & Saturday 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Langenfelde Schilksee, Friday 2:00pm – 6:00pm9
- Laboe: Probsteier Platz, Thursday 7.30am – 1:00pm10