Kiel has two bigger shopping malls which offer a great variety of shops and restaurants.
Right in the city centre, located next to the main station, you will find the Sophienhof, a mall that
was built in the late 1980s1 and completely renovated in 20132.
From food to fashion to decoration, 120 shops provide the newest trends and the season’s must
haves. Different restaurants and cafés, from Indian to Italian, serve every gusto and when there is
still time left you will be led outside to Holstenstraße through Holstentörn with Karstadt and
several shops and restaurants inside.
Holstenstraße was Germany’s first shopping street that was completely closed for traffic in the
1950s3. It is about one kilometre long and has the old town (Altstadt) at its end. Here you will
find Dänische Straße where luxury brands like Marc Cain and the menswear shop Kelly’s, but
also other traditional Kieler shops are located.
‣ In Sophienhof, Holstentörn and Holstenstraße you will mostly find big retail chains like H&M,
Adidas, Pandora, TK Maxx, and Appelrath Cüpper.
‣ A must-visit is the tea and coffee shop Heyck in Faulstraße (connected to Holstenstraße) where
you will find teas and coffees form all over the world.
‣ For those who are into skateboarding and/or surfing Support and Secret Spot in
Kehdenstraße might be important addresses.
‣ For interior fans Scandinavian design can be found at Bo Concept in Andreas-Gayk-Straße
(parallel to Holstenstraße).
Next to the highway, Kiel’s second shopping mall, the CITTI Park, has been providing everything
from fashion to food in more than 90 shops since 20064. Famous for its big supermarket – the
CITTI Markt – and more than 3000 parking spaces which are free of charge, Scandinavian tourists
in particular like to come here by bus or car.
‣ Like in Sophienhof you will mostly find big retail chains like H&M, Villeroy & Boch, and Toys R
Us, but also smaller shops from Kiel found their way to the CITTI Park, so getting gifts and
accessories at Kaufrausch or fabrics and wool at Polli Grün is now possible in this mall.
How to get there?
‣ Sophienhof: Sophienblatt 20, 24103 Kiel. Bus stop: Hauptbahnhof.
‣ CITTI Park: Mühlendamm 1, 24113 Kiel. Bus stop: CITTI Park (Line 300). Train from main
station to CITTI Park. Bus shuttles from ferries.